Welcome to #RevPit! Submissions will be accepted from 9am ET on Saturday, April 21 to 11:59pm ET on Sunday, April 22, 2018.
In this contest, authors will be eligible to receive feedback and edits on their full manuscripts from professional editors, ensuring their works are polished and ready for those agent inboxes. Not only will authors be immersed in a supportive community of their peers, they will also have the chance to learn more about how their story fits into the industry and obtain understanding of why different edits matter and how to continue practicing them in the future.
Writers submit their query and first five double-spaced pages (approx. 1500 words) to their top two editors,* who will then go through submissions and select one (or two!) winners. These matches will go through an intense, five week-long editing process before reposting their submissions from finalized projects.**
*Each editor is capped at 100 submissions.
**If you are selected for Revise & Resub, your revised query and first five pages will be showcased on our website at the end of the contest. We want to be able to share your hard work with the world! Revised submissions will be showcased for three months and then removed from the site. After thirty days, or upon securing agent representation or a publishing contract, an author may request their submission be taken out of the showcase.
What You’ll Need:
1) #RevPit is only open to COMPLETED manuscripts. It should be polished and beta-reader tested before submission.
2) A query letter containing: word count, genre, age category, and author bio.
3) A synopsis no more than two pages long. You do NOT have to include this in your submission package. However, most editors prefer having one if they request more pages from you. It’s best to already have it prepared.
4) The answer to these three questions:
a. Why do you write?
b. On a scale of 1-10, how much tough love do you like in your revision feedback? (10 = Bring it on!)
c. Why did you choose these editors as the best match for you and your manuscript?
5) The names of your top 2 choices for editor plus one alternate, in case one of your top choices is capped out at the time of your submission.
That's it! If you have any questions or problems uploading your materials to Submittable, please email us at email@example.com. We look forward to reading your submission!